Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Simple Power of Words

This year, I am in an Environmental Engineering class - basically a repeat of AP Environmental Science. This year I have a teacher who is definitely managing to change people's behavior and mindset about environmental issues. This teacher managed to inspire me enough to inspire my mom to make changes around the house.

1. Clothes lines to air dry clothes
2. Compost bucket in the kitchen
3. Turning off the lights when leaving a room
4. LED lighting (which I found out from this class that LED stands for Light Emitting Diode)

These are just the few simple examples that can really make an impact and I hope you can change some of your habits as well.

Since the US is no longer passing laws to accord with the Paris COP 21 carbon emitting standards, our school decided to take initiative and reduce carbon emissions to below that level on our own. Here is the link to that, check it out to see how you can take it a step further:
http://www.schoolsunder2c.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment